- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Rockridge Press (April 7, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1646115511
- ISBN-13: 978-1646115518
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.6 ounces
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: SOUTHERN OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN
Serves 8 / Prep time: 20 minutes / Chill time: 4 hours / Cook time: 50 minutes
This version of “fried” chicken is baked to eliminate the mess and waste that goes with deep-frying. Coated in almond flour and pork rinds, it’s a ketofied family favorite.
1. In a gallon-size, zip-top bag, combine the sour cream, almond milk, and hot sauce. Add the chicken thighs, seal the bag, and shake until the chicken is thoroughly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and up to 24 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, brush with avocado oil, and set aside.
3. In a shallow dish, stir together the almond flour, pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, paprika, black pepper, cayenne, salt, and garlic powder. Place the eggs in another shallow bowl.
4. Remove the chicken from the bag, place it on paper towels, and pat dry. Dip the chicken into the egg and dredge it in the almond flour mixture, coating all sides. Place the coated chicken, skin-side down, on the prepared sheet pan.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake for 15 minutes more, or until the chicken reaches 175°F on an instant-read thermometer. Serve warm.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 395; Total Fat: 31g; Protein: 26g; Total Carbs: 3g;
Net Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 1g; Sodium: 561mg; Macros: 71% Fat; 26% Protein; 3% Carbs
- 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Avocado oil
- 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup crushed pork rinds, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten