Prep Time: 90 minutes / Bake Time: 30 minutes / Cooling Time: 5 minutes / Yield: About 15 servings
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and let stand for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Combine the flour, rosemary, sugar, and salt in the food processor and blend evenly.
- While blending, add ⅓ cup of the olive oil and the yeast mixture through the feed tube, until a soft sticky dough is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead several times to a soft, pliable dough. You may need a tablespoon or two of flour to make it less sticky.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl covered with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot to double in size, for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Spray the sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Once the dough has doubled, stretch it to fit the sheet pan in an even layer. Brush the entire surface with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and layer with the chopped figs.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before slicing and serving.
OMG it's FINALLY here!!! The best vegan recipes from Gretchen's bakery! I am so excited to start working my way through her cookbook. WOW! These recipes are amazing, taste delicious, AND are cruelty free!”